Saturday, September 20, 2014

Keep downloading by KeepVid, but ...

http://keepvid.com/KeepVid is a free web application that allows you to download videos from many sites. I’m so impressed by this website. Before knowing about it, I find it difficult to download YouTube videos. I have tried many programs, but this website looks great with a variety of features.
  • It enables users to download any video with a variety of extensions, e.g., MP4, MP3, FLV, WebM, 3GP, and more.
  • It supports many websites, e.g., YouTube, 4shared, blip.tv, Clip.vn, Facebook, Flickr, Google Video, MegaVideo, Metacafe, MySpace, Ning, RuTube, SoundCloud, TED, TwitVid, videobb, Vimeo, watchme.tv, and Dailymotion.
  •  It also has a bookmarklet that allows you to download videos while watching them.
  • You just need to install Java that is free to use this website efficiently.
  • You can also download the KeepVid program to work with on your desktop without an internet connection. But, you have to purchase a license to activate the program to start downloading videos.
  • The way to use it is so easy. You just need to copy the URL of any video, paste it in the search box of the website and then click “Download”. You will find some links to the videos with different extensions. You can choose what you want and then click to save it on your computer. 


 
"Happy News", I know.
But, please don't forget the issue of copyright.


Reading the Copyright Chart for Teachers, I found myself not aware of all the copyright laws. I used to download any videos to utilize them with my students, trainees or for personal development when learning new things. I feel so surprised when I read the percentage that we should use from each video. 10% or 3 minutes are not enough, but this is lawfully permitted to use. This means we should put these copyright issues in mind when using KeepVid.

Look! It is not all bad!

I think using short segments will be more effective because students’ attention span is not always long. These short segments also encourage students to be more focused and motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment