Course launch: September 1, 2013, 15:00 UTC
Teaching with Moodle: An introduction course is designed for anybody who wants to use the Moodle learning platform for teaching, whether it be in a school, a university, a company or just personal interest. The four-week course is also a great opportunity to connect with the vibrant Moodle community dedicated to sharing resources, ideas and anything that could help inspire better teaching practices everywhere.
- Starts: Sunday, September 1, 2013; 15:00 UTC
- Duration: 4 weeks; expect to spend 2 to 3 hours a week
- Facilitators: Mary Cooch and Helen Foster
- Fees: None - Thanks to the support of certified Moodle Partners
Designed to provide a good foundation and context to Moodle, the course covers the basics of the open source (and free!) learning platform, including how to set up and effectively use Moodle in teaching. The course features:
- Structured, easy to understand content
- Live webcast tutorials each week
- Activity-based learning where participants create their own courses
- Grading tools, creating activities such as quizzes, wikis, forums and chats, as well as student management
- The option to progress through the course at your own pace
1. Week One (September 1-7) "Getting Started"
- Course set up
- Enrolling users
- Discovering blocks
2. Week Two (September 8 - 14) "Getting Involved"
- Adding course materials
- Engaging learners in collaborative activities
3. Week Three (September 15 - 21 Sep) "Making The Grade"
- Setting assignments
- Assessing with quizzes
- Viewing the gradebook
4. Week Four (22 - 30 Sep) "Taking It Further"
- Exploring advanced Moodle features
- Saving and re-using courses
- Accessing Moodle Partner training
By the end of the course:
- Everyone who successfully completes all the required activities and tasks will receive a Learn Moodle Completer Badge.