One way to grab your students' attention is to present your ideas in videos. It saves time and engages most of their senses. Today, I am going to talk about a tool that allows teachers to create and share animated videos for free. These videos are full of life, and adds one's personality to the content delivered through creating their own characters.
It is Animaker!
Here is the Tutorials page that will help you to get started:
- It is very easy to use.
- You have lots of tutorials helping you to use it.
- You have many customizable templates to start from.
- You can add pictures, music, animations, and transitions.
- You can find some free backgrounds.
- You can record your voice.
- You can download high quality (HD 720p) videos with watermark.
- You can share on social media and upload videos to YouTube directly.
How to use Animaker in your classrooms?
- To introduce yourself at the very beginning of the semester.
- To deliver the content of your subject in a flipped-based classroom.
- To give directions and tips before the lesson.
- To announce important things in a creative way.
- To introduce themselves to each other.
- To give a talk about a certain topic.
- To summarize the lessons.
- To present their projects.
- To showcase their achievements.
- To write digital stories.
- To reflect on their learning.
Here is my own example reflecting on one of the e-teacher online courses provided by #RELO_Cairo:
Here are the links included in the video:
1. My educational blog - Azhar's Reflections
2. My students' Wiki - Welcome Back, Egypt
3. My students' blog - Way 2 Communicate
4. My students' blog - writeAstory
5. My talk at Microsoft Global Forum in Duai, 2015
Looking forward to seeing your products!