|Retrieved Dec. 24, 2013|
My students badly needed a way to get my instant help when blogging for the first time. I just wanted to put all things together in the class blog to make this experience easier and more interesting. I spent a lot of time trying some tools for live chatting, but unfortunately most of them need accounts. Of course, this is a kind of headache when it comes to signing up for many websites to do a certain task. Then, I found ChatButton. It is a free and easy-to-install chatbox for use anywhere.
- Your visitors don't need to sign up to chat on your blog or website.
- You can customize your chatbox to match your blog or website's colors and size.
- You can generate HTML code to embed your chatbox into your blog or website in a few minutes.
- You can turn sounds on or off. This feature helps you to be notified when someone sends his or her message.
- You can clear messages and username.
How to create a Chatbox by ChatButton?
Step 1: Setup your ChatBox
- Choose a username.
- Copy and paste your website or blog where you want to embed your chatbox.
- Choose an active e-mail. They will use it to send your chatbox code.
- Choose a password.
- In this step, you can also customize your chatbox before getting the HTML code. To do so, click "Customize Your Chatbox" as you see in the screenshot above.
- Choose a name for your chatbox.
- Choose the size, text size, frame color, background color , ... etc to match your blog or website's needs.
Step 2: Get Chatbox Code:
- Check your e-mail for the code.
- You can also copy the code that will be generated below this step and paste it in your website or blog.
To embed the code into your Blogger Blog, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to your blog dashboard and click "Layout".
4. Add a title for the code, paste the HTML code, and click save to see your chatbox.
5. Here is an example for my blog:
- To start chatting, choose a nickname, type your message, and then click send or press Enter.