Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Game Elements for Learning

Retrieved July 2, 2013 from here
Another learning adventure just starts on Canvas. It is the Game Elements for Learning (GE4L) professional development Micro-MOOC. It introduces us to game thinking and design, game elements, and a variety of opportunities to gamify and play games. What attracts me is its clear objectives and the short time it takes (Just a month). Having a look at week one, we have a lot of things to do such as trying new tools, creating avatars, tweeting (#GE4L), blogging, attending webinars facilitated by gaming experts, playing game elements, discussing ideas, and sharing experiences. Moreover, I notice a lot of gamification features like points, leaderboard, ambassador badges, and many more things that we will see in the coming weeks. I hear that there are a lot of surprises.I'm looking forward to learning more about games, gamification, and how to create my own products. 



In addition to my Smore page, I shared my avatar that I have created for this course as an introduction to my colleagues using MyWebFace. If you are interested, let's join us. There is a space for you and your friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment