Task 5: Explore and
During this week, we explored a variety of tools that help our students' improve their speaking skills, add some confidence to their voices, and feel happy while completing the required tasks. Among them are Audioboo, Voxopop, Voki, Fotobabble, Tube It, Sketchcast, Blabberize, Showbeyond, Intervue, Knovio, Educreations, Recordr ..... and more. During task 5, we were asked to use one of these tools to devise a lesson plan for speaking practice. Actually, I took a lot of time asking "Which Button Do I Click?". Finally, I decided to mix 2 tools at the same time wishing enjoyable time for my dear students. Let's know more about it!
Save Our Lives!
- Internet access
- Headsets for recording
- Blank sheets & pencils
- 11 Grade (Between 17-18 years old) Advanced Level Students
- Two 50-minute classes
By the end of this lesson, students will:
- discuss the problems that animals face as a result of humans' acts.
- talk about the developments that the humans have done for animals.
- make an argument between animals and humans using Blabberize.
- create video presentations using Knovio about animals' problems and suggest solutions.
- listen to pairs and groups' products and give feedback.
- embed revised products in their class wiki.
- Divide the class into 2 big groups.
- Tell the students that they are going to make an argument.
- The first big group will play the role of animals. They can work in pairs discussing the problems that animals face as a result of humans' acts. They can use blank papers and pencils to jot down their initial ideas.
- The second big group will play the role of humans that result in animals' problems. They can work in pairs talking about the developments that humans have done for animals.They can use blank papers and pencils to jot down their initial ideas.
- Once students finish their discussion together, ask them to use Blabberize to create their Blabbers. It is so easy to use this tool. They can choose a picture (e.g., an animals or equipments) they are going to talk about, add mouth, choose a sound and record or upload an audio.
- When students finish their Blabbers, ask them to present their products to other colleagues and give them feedback.
- After listening to the argument between animals and humans, ask students to work in groups to choose a certain problem that animals talked about in the first task and suggest some solutions. First, they use the internet to search for information and pictures. Then, they use the PowerPoint program to create their slides.
- Once they finish their slides, ask them to use Knovi to upload slides, record a video using their webcam and share their video presentations in the class wiki. Knovio is an innovative tool for turning PowerPoint slides into rich video presentations with just a web browser and webcam. With Knovio, you can take static PowerPoint slides to a new level with video and audio presentations that can be accessed anytime on-demand and shared with others through email and social media.
Really, I enjoyed this week so much exploring and trying these new tools. I'm sure that my students will like them because they enable their voices to be heard and their confidence to be grown. Thanks so much my Dear Moderators for such treasures.